24 March 2005

Republican Hypocracy

I guess that's redundant, but anyway.

"I find it opportunistic to use the death of someone like Christopher Reeve -- I think it is shameful -- in order to mislead the American people," Frist said. "We should be offering people hope, but neither physicians, scientists, public servants or trial lawyers like John Edwards should be offering hype.

I sure hope Americans wake up and smell the diarrhea they elected.

Of course, the pathetic, whipped main stream media won't have the sack to point these inconsistencies out. Anyone who thinks the Republicans are sincere about any cause they espouse needs thier head examined. These guys make Clinton look like a saint, and that is quite a task.

To sum up:

If Democrats use a person's illness (Reeve) for political gain, it is bad.
If Republicans use a person's illness (Schiavo) for political gain, it is good.

Its crap like this that almost makes me wish I wasn't an atheist, because then I could at least take comfort in the knowledge that these politician asshats would spend eternity rotting in hell. As it stands, I know they're going to just keep getting away with it, largely because of the general inability of people in this country to look behind the rhetorical sheep's clothing and see the wolf.

No comments: